Thursday, January 29, 2009

Drivers of SUVs are back to being smug.

The owners of 4WD vehicles act a little smug again. In their minds two inches of snow is all the justification they need for their overpriced gas guzzling vehicles. I have been driving for close to 30 years in New England. I can only remember ONE time when the only way to get around was with a four wheel drive vehicle. I have always done quite well in my front wheel drive sedans and mini-vans.

SUV owners were knocked down a few notches when gas rocketed to $4+ per gallon. At this time the owners of hybrids were all smug.

So to all you SUV and 4WD drivers who drive like assholes in the winter. Enjoy your moment believing you need that 4WD. And remember you may be able to take off faster than me but your brakes are as effective as any other 2WD car.

No comments: